Off the back of his latest release with us; Analog Dream , we got to know the man behind the tune!! Click read more to check out our interview with Evgeniy Nuzhnov.
1. Hi Evginey! As a quick introduction for the readers, tell us a little bit about yourself:
Hi guys, my name is Evgeny Nuzhnov, and this is not an artistic name, because my surname speaks for itself ( in Russian it’s speaks for to be itself in meaning,,to be needed by someone ’’) so, this world needs me in order to give my music.
I was born and raised in the small town of Inta in the far north. In 2018, I moved to St. Petersburg, where my path began with a large number of like-minded people in musical creativity. Active participation, work experience and love for my work give me positive emotions and allow me to achieve good success.
2. Tell us how you got involved with the music scene, specifically the type of music you produce?
I got to the music scene, probably, like all DJs, from school discos, I organized my own house and techno parties. Then I became a resident in one of the local clubs, where I worked for 5 years. The acquired DJ skills got into the profession and became the meaning of life.
3. Who are your main influences, who or what inspires you when creating music?
Even at a school age I listened to guys like Aphex Twin, Autechre, Orbital, The Prodigy, The Chemical brothers ... they inspired me on my creative path.
4. As a follow on from that, which newer and upcoming artists are you really feeling right now? Let the readers know about some under appreciated producers:
My friend Daniil Walgelman aka Cadillac Express is a good artist for me. Also, I like the creativity of the musical projects "Anturage", "QDream", "Rafael Cerato", "Stan Kolev", "Pavel Khvaleev". I believe that there are no underestimated artists, everyone has their own listener.
5. What have you got in store musically for the rest of 2021?
I believe in great musical breakthrough.
6. What aspirations do you have? You got any goals you want to try and reach? This can be musically or life in general.
In the near future I’m planning to produce many qualitative releases on world labels; play tracks at large club venues and festivals and expand my audience and get name known worldwide.
7. You are a new comer to the label but we love what you sent in! Tell us a little bit about your production process? Favourite synths, plugins, techniques etc.
"Analog Dream" was recorded in a home studio. There are 42 tracks. My favorite synthesizer is, of course, Diva, as well as ANA 2 it also in the tracks. I applied most of the native plug-ins for sound processing from the Ableton Live program as they suit me with their flexibility in work. From third-party plugins I used Endless smile, FabFilter, LfoTool, ValhallaVintageVerb.
8. Apart from music, what else makes you happy?
I have a busy life, I don't have to be bored. I have a great support from closest people, it makes me happy.
9. Anything else you want to share with us or any little bits of advise for people just getting into production?
There are a bits of advice for beginners i could share : to allow at least 3 hours a day to writing music, purchase only high-quality samples, find like-minded people, watch lessons from top music producers, love what you do, believe in yourself and strive only forward.